Sunday 1 July 2012

Lindsay Ackerman : Midterm!

I brought several filters with me, but I only liked how a few of them turned out and the effects they had on the photos themselves.  The three I used most were pieces of cellophane and plastic and my breath.  After a while, I poked a hole or two in the more opaque plastic to give some parts of the photo complete focus and others a more blurred effect for allusion.

After I used filters to alter the actual image, I edited the photos to a sepia filter on my computer, to give them more cohesion.

My main focus and string that linked my photos together wasn't as much a story as it was the idea and concept of structure.  I focused on interesting angles and structures that I found interesting, and what made the palace what I considered picturesque. 

Outside Chatelherault: opaque plastic with a hole poked out on the bottom right corner to give the eye something to think about

 Benches outside, same opaque with the hole going through the center
 Outside walls of Chatelherault Hunting Lodge, using my breath to blur the photo and give it an almost dusty tone.
 Country door outside the boundaries of Chatelherault: using the rain and my breath to my advantage.
 The ceiling of the mausoleum , using the opaque plastic with a hole once again
 The flooring tiles of the mausoleum, same technique as before
 Outside of the mausoleum, using the cellophane wrapper
 In the crypt, a light fixture using the cellophane
 Gate to the crypt, using my breath to frame the photo
Light fixture at the Chatelherault, using the cellophane once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment