Monday 27 June 2011

Baylee Gambetti's Pictoralism

I used several types of filters to experiment with Pictoralism including the lens of sunglasses, chocolate candy wrappers (black, white, yellow, and the clear edging with white designed border), empty water bottle, the clear/hazy part of my American Express credit card, masking tape, the clear plastic on my keychain, and my breath to fog the lens.

Image 1:  When we first arrived I breathed onto the lens to create a haze.  In this photo I waited a second so it started to fade and wasn't as distorted or blurry.  I really liked the contrasting dark cloud.

 Image 2:  This photo was taken inside the Chatelherault Hunting Lodge.  I again was experimenting with breathing onto the lens to fog the image.  Here I was trying to concentrate more breath on one side of the lens to see if it would create focus on the opposite side.


Image 3:  A bouquet of flowers inside Chatelherault.  I took this through sunglasses lenses that have a medium shade.  I found it just slightly darkened/browned the image and created a blur towards the bottom of the sunglasses lens.


Image 4:  I used a candy wrappers border that had white detailing to capture this light fixture in the Chatelherault building.  I think the plastic emphasized the lighting.  The enhanced lighting draws my attention to the gold detailing of the fixture.  The detailing on the candy wrapper kind of makes it look like you are viewing the image through lace.
 A close up of the candy wrappers white detailed bordering.

Image 6:  Candy wrapper






Image 7:  I took of a railing overlooking the waterfall in the woods.  I used the yellow candy wrapper.  The yellowing makes the green from the surrounding plants more vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment