Sunday 26 June 2011

Drew Clausen: Pictorialism experiments



 Image from Chatelherault.  I used a clear plastic wrap over the lens of the camera, and used the method of focusing on the sky to darken the building.  This gives the Palace more presence in the composition, and creates more contrast between the structure and the sky.  

From Chatelherault.  I placed tissue paper over one side of the lens to create this fading effect.  I really like how this effect works to give the architecture a timeless feeling.  It also worked well with the conditions with the dark clouds overhead.  


Trail at New Lanark.  Here I placed a small amount of chapstick on the lens of my camera.  This caused the brights of the image to wash out.  I also took this photo from close to the ground to increase the difference in perspective from the foreground to the background.  


Taken from New Lanark.  I fogged up the lens to my camera and focused on the sun in order to darken the image which is taken straight up into the trees.  I like how it creates more of a pattern, with the light washing out all the breaks in the trees with alot of contrast.  




Stream at New Lanar.  I used chap stick on my lens to create the sort of haziness seen in this picture.  It takes out some of the details of the water, making the highlights seem more like dabs of paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment