Thursday 16 June 2011

Bethany Mitch's Camera Obscura Project

Building My Camera Obscura

These are all my materials used to make my camera obscura.
While at Tesco I asked for an empty box (the wine box), then I used the extra cardboard that was holding our food to make the inside smaller box.

Also, I used a Tesco plastic bag for the screen and taped that on as well. 
Here is the lens that I taped on the inside of the wine box. 
Here is the finished project with the smaller box already placed in and easily moveable.



Taking Pictures



Beautiful swan by the lake on the university. Thursday June 16th - Stirling University



This picture is of the Wallace Monument at a distance. Thursday June 16th - Stirling University




As I was walking around taking photos, the sun was setting - it was beautiful! I really love how the camera obscura captured this shot! Thursday June 16th - Stirling University



This is random, but I thought this was my best shot as far as focus goes with the camera obscura.


I think the most frustrating thing for me was that the camera obscura did not come equipped with a zoom button. It was difficult to focus the pictures myself and in order to get anything clear I needed to be really close to it and the sun needed to be hitting it just right or it wouldn't work. Also, it does not work very well in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment