Sunday 26 June 2011

Pictoralism-Kim Weiss

Filters:  The first filter I used was a piece of plastic taken from a sellotape package.  I scratched the surface with a nail file to create a soft focus filter.  The second filter I made consisted of two pieces of plastic with lip gloss between them.  It softened the focus and gave the pictures a nice color.  The third filter I used was a clear piece of plastic with lip gloss smeared on it.  There was a clear spot in the middle which created vignette effect.  The last filter I used was my umbrella.  It was mostly just because it was convenient.  

Fig. 1:  This picture was taken using my clear plastic filter and a very fast shutter speed that underexposed the  picture.  The soft focus and silhouetted figure are common to pictoralist pictures.


 Fig: 2 Pictoralism is about experimenting so I experimented when taking this picture.  This picture was shot through the lace insert of my umbrella.    

Fig 3: This photo was taken using the plastic and lip gloss filter.  The color of the lip gloss blends nicely with the natural colors in the filter.  The wall pulls the eye to the industrial building which is blurred because the actual focus of the photo is the river.  This photo is similar to A Water Wheel by Alexander Keighley.

No comments:

Post a Comment