Sunday 19 June 2011

Katie Ringering's Camera Obscura



 This is me cutting off the flaps of the box to make the viewing area. I ended up going back later and aiding black paper around the edges to block out the light.


I've just finished cutting out the inside box and attaching a plastic bag to the end. I am now inserting the inside box into the outside one.



This is my camera obscura finished. You can see the black flaps that I attached to the viewing area to cut down on light.


This is a picture of me attempting to adjust the focus.


Photo 1: A tree off the road to Rowardennan on Loch Lomond. Taken at 3:15 p.m. on 19/06/2011. It was cloudy and rainy outside.


Photo 2: A field filled with sheep on the shores of Loch Lomond. Taken at 4:00 p.m. on 19/06/2011. It was cloudy and extremely rainy outside.


Photo 3: A bridge over a small stream flowing into Loch Lomond. Taken at 4:53 p.m. on 19/06/2011. It was extremely cloudy and rainy outside.


Problems and Difficulties: One of the main challenges I was faced with when creating my camera obscura was making a smaller box to fit inside the outside one. I had difficulties making the box small enough to move back and forth, but big enough so that it would still be a tight fit. Also, it was extremely difficult to make the shopping bag taut on the inner box, and there were still some wrinkles visible in my photographs. My biggest problem by far was the weather interfering with my pictures. Since the weather was extremely cloudy and rainy my pictures kept coming out a little darker than I would have liked. Also, I had trouble with the light coming through the lens and causing a yellow ring in some of my pictures. Furthermore, because it was raining my box began to get soggy, and I had to attempt to balance my camera obscura, real camera, and an umbrella (not to mention I had to hike with it 8 miles to the hostel where I was staying).

No comments:

Post a Comment