Sunday 26 June 2011

Bethany Mitch's Excursion Photos

These were my materials I used: colored shot glasses, ziplock baggie, plastic wrap, a brown-tinted scotch tape, and a cardboard cut out with a circle through it. 

Figure 1: New Lanark
This shot was created using the ziplock baggie. As I put it over the lens I had to make it very tight for the picture to come in clearly, but after managing that I centered the waterwheel within the shot while also capturing the building in the background along with the blue sky to add contrast. 

Figure 2: New Lanark
This shot was also created using the ziplock baggie. It is a picture of the grass growing within the river under the bridge. Again, I had to tighten the baggie a lot to get it to focus just right. 




Figure 3: Our first location on the excursion
This shot was captured with the ziplock baggie. I really like the soft focus on this shot and the contrast between the sky, building, and grass. 

Figure4: New Lanark
For this shot I used the plastic wrap. It was a lot more thing than the ziplock baggie, so it was easier to focus.
There is a hard focus, but then it trickles off into a soft focus for things in the distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment