Sunday 24 June 2012

Brenn Alexander: Camera Obscura



Making my camera obscura: June 20th, 2012 
I used two similar sized boxes, tape, a plastic bag, lens, and scissors. 


After making sure the smaller box fit, I taped the plastic bag to one of the open ends.


As you can see on the left, I cut out a hole in the center of the larger box and taped on the lens. 


This is the finished product, with the smaller box positioned inside the larger one. 


This photo was taken of the Wallace Monument from campus on June 24th, 2012.
 I positioned the camera obscure on the bridge while focusing the image. 


This photo is the Airthrey Castle here on campus on June 24th, 2012.
 I positioned and focused the camera obscura on a rail and snapped the picture. 


This is taken in St. Andrews of the Capel of St. Salvator on June 21st, 2012. 
I focused my camera and had a friend hold the box while I took the picture. 



This is inside the courtyard of St. Salvator's Capel on June 21st, 2012. 
This one focused really well and was easier to capture. 


This is of St. Andrew's Cathedral, June 21st, 2012.
 The wind and rain made it more difficult to capture a clear image. 
f

No comments:

Post a Comment