Sunday 24 June 2012

Ginny Thern: Camera Obscura Project

Making the Camera Obscura


Materials Used:
1 1/2 juice cartons
scissors
tape
lens

I cut the top off of the whole juice container and cut the other one in half.  



 On the half container I also cut the bottom out so I could use this piece for the inside.  Since both containers are the same size, I had to cut this into four pieces, trim a little off of each side and then tape it back together.  I then taped a plastic bag on one end as my screen.
Cutting the square for the lens was the hardest part.  The bottom of the container has a few layers of cardboard to cut.  I marked an X to center where my lens would be and then drew a square of the size of the lens. 
I finally taped the lens in place and put the screen inside.


Photos taken with the Camera Obscura
June 24, 2012
Trees off the Pathway
University of Stirling





June 24, 2012
Ducks by Airthrey Loch
University of Stirling

June 24, 2012
Flowers in the Field
University of Stirling 




June 24, 2012
Airthrey Loch
University of Stirling


All of these pictures vary in lighting quite a bit.  The clouds on the day these were taken were very off and on.  One minute it would be very sunny out (the lighter pictures) and the next minute it would be cloudy (the darker pictures).  The ripple in my screen also added problems when taking pictures.  Because the image on the screen was slightly warped, my point and shoot sometimes had a hard time focusing to take the picture. 






No comments:

Post a Comment