Monday 25 June 2012

Sara Liming: Camera Obscura Project


This was relatively easy going in for construction. Above features the tools I used in construction of my camera obscura: tape, trash bag, scissors, juice boxes, knife (not featured above).



Mid-construction: all I have left to complete it is the lens. The trash bag was difficult to make sure that the single layer didn't tear, the bottom of the juice box was hard to put a hole in, but everything else when smoothly.


Complete project! Once I put in the other half, it was easy to see how well this worked. The trash bag managed to bunch up, and once I fixed it, it worked crazy well. When we were discussing the project in class, I knew how to do it immediately. I spent Wednesday building it and was able to make it in 10 minutes. The only difficult part of the project was having to use my roommates point and shoot camera.

PHOTOS


William Wallace monument seen from a distance on Monday, 25 June 2012 in Stirling, Scotland, UK. Use of the macro shooting mode, no flash.


University loch on Monday, 25 June 2012 in Stirling. Macro shooting mode, no flash. I chose the loch because of its beauty to the university and many lochs were presumably shot.


Residence hall at University of Stirling shot in macro, no flash. It was really neat how well the detail was captured. 25 June 2012


One of the many swans seen on campus, this was shot on Monday, 25 June 2012 using macro mode with no flash. It was just really neat that it managed to get the swan clearly. I also got followed by a swan because it wanted bread. I thought it was going to bite me.


Airthrey Castle on the University of Stirling campus shot in macro mode, no flash on Monday, 25 June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment