Thursday 21 June 2012

Samantha Parke: Camera Obscura


Materials:
Tape
2 Small Candy Bar Boxes
1 Cereal Box
Scissors
Plastic bag
Lens







Process:

I first pieced together the cereal to form the small inner box. Which I then made a pin size hole in. Next, I began to cut the 2 candy bar boxes down to form the larger outside box. This took alot of time as I could not get the two boxes to line up perfectly, without any light shining through. I then attached the lens and taped the box closed, thus forming my Camera Obscura.



Complete:

My completed Camera Obscura box. Sadly after all the hard work and time devoted it does not work a 100%. I believe the plastic bag I chose does not let enough light in to show the pictures clearly.


"Picturesque Photos"

These photos were taken June 20th 2012 at approx. 10 A.M. outside of the Airthery Castle. I had hoped that my newly constructed Camera Obscura would capture "picturesque" photos but unfortunately it did not. Upon this discovery I challenged myself to find the "picturesque" of Airthery Castle through my camera lens physically incorporating my Camera Obscura. The vivid and striking architecture present in this castle lend themselves nicely to "picturesque" photos.

What I hoped to see...






Below are my "picturesque" photos incorporating my Camera Obscura.




No comments:

Post a Comment