Saturday 30 June 2012

Devany Dougherty- Midterm Photos- June 28, 2012

Story of a Dead Man
Using photos from Chatelherault and the Hamilton Mausoleum and Crypt 
with nothing but a camera, glass, and spit

NOTE: All "before" pictures are in Sepia for a warm past look while all the "after" pictures are faded and in black and white to make them look cold and dead.

ADVICE: Read only bolded poem lines first, then return to the beginning.

 Waiting Room Chairs at Chatelherault
Glass with Spit to make it cloudy and soft like a memory
                          This is where I used to rest
                                                                                        This is where I lay to feel my best

Hamilton Mausoleum Crypt
Using my camera's softening and highlighting features
to make the tomb darker and the light outside brighter for contrast

The Garden at Chatelherault
Using the window to cast refections that appear outside
          This is what I saw outside my windows
                                                                                   This is what I see now, darkness, as it grows 

Hamilton Mausoleum Crypt
Again Using my camera's highlighting feature













The Waiting Room at Chatelherault
Using A piece of glass that I licked to soften and emphasize the light
            This was once my reading light
                                                                                                  This is now my loss of sight

Hamilton Mausoleum Crypt
An unlit candle that lay in the crypt and
snapped with my camera shaking with a slow shutter

Hamilton Mausoleum
A clear shot of the lock with the feet of people
blurred in the back
            This was when I had my open door
                                                                              This is now, locked, closed, forever more

Hamilton Mausoleum Crypt
Locks chained up tight and shutter on low for a slight blur

Hamilton Mausoleum
Clear Shot of the lion Statue for purpose of the poem
                      This is how I used to be
                                                                                                     This now is what I call me

Hamilton Mausoleum
The sleeping lion statue taken with a slow shutter and
when I was spinning the camera to produce a dream state look
                 A lion awake, sharp in life's keep       A lion, eyes closed, dazed in deep sleep

Hamilton Mausoleum
Taken through a drinking glass to produce a warped door and
blurred lighting creating a warm memory feel
                    This is how I would say goodbye
                                                                                         This is how we part now, things gone awry

Hamilton Mausoleum
Taken with a slow shutter and moving camera so that the
bodies look left behind but the "souls" look to be parting

No comments:

Post a Comment