Tuesday 19 June 2012

Kimberly Wallingford: Camera Obscura Project

Materials

      I started off with 2 different sized cereal boxes, tape, the lens, and a plastic bag.  The Corn Flakes box will become the main portion of the obscura while the Frosties box becomes the inner box that serves to focus the image.

 Process

To make the Frosties box fit properly, I had to make the Corn Flakes box smaller.  I also shortened the Frosties box to increase the focal range I could have.  Once the boxes fit inside one another nicely, I added the plastic to the end of the frosties box.  At first, the clear plastic (shown in the first picture) was used, but that was too clear.  So I switched to a regular grocery plastic bag.  This let just enough light through to see the image.

Success  
Here is the final product.  It works!  I think the plastic bag allows the perfect amount of light though for me to be able to see the image.  The reason the clear plastic didn't work was because too much light was being let through.  The image had nothing to be reflected onto, so it was reflected right through the plastic and onto the cardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment