Monday 18 June 2012

Sophie Krefft: Camera Obscura Project

Getting Ready

This picture consists of all the items that I planned on using in the construction of my photo obscura. Two cereal boxes, a plastic bag, tape, scissors, and the lens provided are all included.

 Pieces

 In order to fit the Frosted Flakes box inside the Corn Flakes box properly, I had to do a lot of cutting to resize the Corn Flakes box. This photograph is of all the bits and pieces that I ended up with before I began to reassemble the Corn Flakes box.



Safe and Sound

Because I was concerned that sliding my viewing screen back and forth would damage the fragile plastic back that I was using as the screen, I decided to develop a way to better protect it. Since I did not want the movement on the sides to crinkle or rip the plastic bag, I taped loose-leaf paper all the way around it as a shield.


My Camera Obscura

 At long last, the construction of my camera obscura was complete. This photograph shows the finished project.



It Works!

I was delighted to discover that my camera obscura, made from basic household objects and a lens, actually worked. Since it was dark outside, I used it to view the light in my flat room. This picture captures both the image on the screen and the camera obscura box.

No comments:

Post a Comment